Advancing sustainability through advocacy, independent scrutiny, reporting and advice on environmental matters.
Independence - we empower through objectivity, transparent processes, considered evaluations and appropriate confidentiality.
Caring - our high regard for the environment, our community, and future generations sustains our efforts.
Innovation - we seek to use the best available knowledge to pursue solutions that may not be evident or even exist yet.
Empathy - we take realistic approaches in recognising the realities faced by the individuals and organisations with whom we engage.
Collaboration - we take an integrated and inclusive approach.Learn more about the Commissioner
Investigations & Special Reports
- Audit assessment
- Canberra Nature Park investigation
- Grasslands investigation
- Lake Burley Griffin investigation
- Canberra's Urban Forest investigation
It was great to catch up with Ian Falconer from Friends of Aranda Bushland today. Ian guided us through the frost hollows of Aranda Bushland, part of a larger walk 'Frost Hollow to Forest'. We saw the Friends great erosion control work– using logs across waterways to slow water movement, trapping sediment and creating a chain-of-ponds. Over time the extent of gullying should be lessened. The Friends are actively involved in revegetation and Ian pointed a stand of Snow Gums (Eucalyptus pauciflora) that were planted 5 years ago. For more information on the Friends of Aranda Bushland activities and their brochure: http://www.friendsofarandabushland.org.au/ #ArandaBushland Conservation Council ACT Region ACT Government #Aranda
Would you choose to protect a species at all costs? Join award winning playwright Hannie Rayson, Director Nadia Tass, actor Ngaire Dawn Fair, Lizzy Corke from the Cape Otway Conservation Ecology Centre and leading scientist Professor David Lindenmayer for a discussion on species extinction and the moral dilemmas associated with climate change. Free event Sunday 26 June 2-4pm at Australian Parliament House - EXTINCTION. https://canberratheatrecentre.com.au/show/parliament-house-talk-extinction-choose-protect-species-cost/
News/Social Media RSS feed
- Enviro Comm: RT @_CMAG_: What makes CBR the #BushCapital? Last two days to find out @_cmag_ Sat and Sun 12noon to 4pm https://t.co/uI9ripjAlm https://t.…
- Enviro Comm: RT @kateauty: #ANU Currently reading Vic forests worth more as national park than timber | ANU at https://t.co/OgRFtL6XHh
- Enviro Comm: How inspiring. People on country sharing knowledge @666canberra https://t.co/gc7HQ6fSXv
- Enviro Comm: .@MD_Basin_Auth here we are talking community with Southern ACT Catchment Group https://t.co/WJQKm3ho66
- Enviro Comm: Black swans at #LynehamWetland. @PaulJurak @FionaDyer https://t.co/we8esl0JYE