Advancing sustainability through advocacy, independent scrutiny, reporting and advice on environmental matters.
Independence - we empower through objectivity, transparent processes, considered evaluations and appropriate confidentiality.
Caring - our high regard for the environment, our community, and future generations sustains our efforts.
Innovation - we seek to use the best available knowledge to pursue solutions that may not be evident or even exist yet.
Empathy - we take realistic approaches in recognising the realities faced by the individuals and organisations with whom we engage.
Collaboration - we take an integrated and inclusive approach.Learn more about the Commissioner
Investigations & Special Reports
- Audit assessment
- Canberra Nature Park investigation
- Grasslands investigation
- Lake Burley Griffin investigation
- Canberra's Urban Forest investigation
ACT annual heritage symposium being held at Mt Stromlo today. What a site to talk about the environment - a big wind taking our hats off! Full house, talking "Inside Out and Outside In. The Urban and Regional Landscape". Partners in sponsoring the event included Australian ICOMOS, Canberra Archaeological Society, Canberra and District Historical Society and the National Trust of Australia. All great contributors to any cultural conversation. Very pleased to be asked to provide the keynote and talk about State of the Environment Reporting. #ICOMOS #archaeology #history #NationalTrust #interpretation #curators #museums #culture #heritage #astronomy
Pets play an important role in many households with many regarded as ‘family’ members. Australia-wide around 40% of households have one or more dogs. Here are three ways you can reduce your dog’s impact on the environment: • Desex and microchip your dog • Walk your dog regularly and collect their poo to reduce pollution of waterways • Supplement your dog’s diet of purchased food with off-cuts from your local butcher and small amounts of cooked vegetables and rice And if you are thinking about purchasing a new dog – check out the RSPCA shelter Adopt-a-Pet: https://www.adoptapet.com.au/ ACT Government Conservation
News/Social Media RSS feed
- Enviro Comm: RT @TexanInOz: #Pimelea linifolia an Aussie #WhiteFlower flowering @AustralianBG Flax Leaved Riceflower #Thymeleaceae #OzPlants https://t.c…
- Enviro Comm: RT @misskokolib: #CBR 'State of the Environment' report needs to think about how #climatechange will effect our #heritage @kateauty
- Enviro Comm: RT @Anna_Foley_: Listening to @kateauty at #ACTheritage Symposium; pulling back the curtain on the next ACT State of the Envmt Report https…
- Enviro Comm: .@Aurecon #CBR: thanks Cormac Farrell, for talking #technology, #sustainability and #Indigenous art today. https://t.co/lP9uNGWBmO
- Enviro Comm: Reduce your dog’s pawprint - desex, microchip, pick up poo & keep on-lead in nature reserves #rspcaact #CBR https://t.co/grMz5WQKwK