Advancing sustainability through advocacy, independent scrutiny, reporting and advice on environmental matters.
Independence - we empower through objectivity, transparent processes, considered evaluations and appropriate confidentiality.
Caring - our high regard for the environment, our community, and future generations sustains our efforts.
Innovation - we seek to use the best available knowledge to pursue solutions that may not be evident or even exist yet.
Empathy - we take realistic approaches in recognising the realities faced by the individuals and organisations with whom we engage.
Collaboration - we take an integrated and inclusive approach.Learn more about the Commissioner
Investigations & Special Reports
- Audit assessment
- Canberra Nature Park investigation
- Grasslands investigation
- Lake Burley Griffin investigation
- Canberra's Urban Forest investigation
The ACT Commissioner for Sustainability and Environment regularly puts together submissions on environment and sustainability matters in the ACT. Our public submission on the duplication of Horse Park Drive in Gungahlin recognises: - The need for investment in active transport infrastructure - Importance of Water Sensitive Urban Design when designing and constructing road infrastructure and managing construction impacts on waterways - The influence of a warming climate on commuter travel preferences and the need to provide shade and water fountains for people using active transport. www.envcomm.act.gov.au/publications/public-submissions/Horse-Park-Drive The Climate Council ACT Government Conservation Council ACT Region
In case you missed this, Canberra woman, Alida Gyory will ride solo over 3500 kms to raise money for climate change awareness. She plans to leave the small Balkan country Montenegro at the end of July and end up in London, around 8 weeks later! Go Alida. To support and follow Alida's journey Follow_alida Switched on Cycles ACT Government SEE-Change
News/Social Media RSS feed
- Enviro Comm: Horse Park Drive Duplication submission & need for active transport & amenity for #CC https://t.co/quezpm3Od4 https://t.co/GGiIcK9ZD4
- Enviro Comm: RT @NightingaleAus: ,@JaneJosescf on why women should be more involved in designing our cities #vicawards https://t.co/C3ZIEs1sDg
- Enviro Comm: RT @WMBtweets: As our populations condense around cities, we face tremendous challenges & opportunities. The key? #SmartCities: https://t.c…
- Enviro Comm: RT @SustainableCBR: Conserving #CBR #heritage. FREE talk about CBR's rich natural and cultural heritage 5 July @EIANZorg @EnvComm_ACT http…
- Enviro Comm: #Design awards are about more than narrow real estate interests. Here are our best @Shahana_Mck @ShelleyPennArch https://t.co/w71APUYO4Z