Advancing sustainability through advocacy, independent scrutiny, reporting and advice on environmental matters.
Independence - we empower through objectivity, transparent processes, considered evaluations and appropriate confidentiality.
Caring - our high regard for the environment, our community, and future generations sustains our efforts.
Innovation - we seek to use the best available knowledge to pursue solutions that may not be evident or even exist yet.
Empathy - we take realistic approaches in recognising the realities faced by the individuals and organisations with whom we engage.
Collaboration - we take an integrated and inclusive approach.Learn more about the Commissioner
Investigations & Special Reports
- Audit assessment
- Canberra Nature Park investigation
- Grasslands investigation
- Lake Burley Griffin investigation
- Canberra's Urban Forest investigation
Great to see #sustainabledesign occurring in #CBR particularly #localfoodproduction. .In the City Canberra .Mocan & Green Grout .Hotel Hotel .Australian Institute of Landscape Architects - AILA .ACT Government .Planning Institute of Australia
You've heard about global warming - now here's global worming! Cid Riley is a vermi-economist. He's combined a fascination with worms with a degree in economics to create a #sustainablebusiness focused on the #virtuouscircle. Cid collects food waste from schools, government departments and health services and converts it to castings and worm juice at #Tarago. Not only does Cid care for worms and the environment he also performs waste audits. His school audits reveal that for every 100 primary school kids they produce 28kg of #foodwaste just from morning tea and lunch! At some of his clients, Cid has been able to reduce contamination of organic waste in some offices to 0.5% as workers become in-office-champions of #sustainability. www.globalworming.com.au (the real one) .Conservation Council ACT Region .ACT Government .Master Builders Association of the ACT .CBR Innovation Network
News/Social Media RSS feed
- Enviro Comm: RT @canberratimes: El Nino ends after driving a year of record global heat, but more extremes on the way https://t.co/1Mpze9Rqkz https://t.…
- Enviro Comm: One more reason to value the #natural world. https://t.co/kVUz0KUDQq
- Enviro Comm: ACT #StateoftheEnvironment Report Seminar 27 May 16 https://t.co/yqoQcRRrbJ https://t.co/nDfypDHmuN
- Enviro Comm: Great to see #sustainabledesign happening in #CBR particularly #localfoodproduction @MocanandGG https://t.co/HBfPkuo2Wa
- Enviro Comm: #rehabilitation of #erosionhotspots in #Cotter and #interpretation @tamsmediaroom @ProfRossatUC https://t.co/yYAu81s2hS